I'm having technical difficulties getting my sounds up on the site. For some reason, soundcloud isn't letting me share my sounds on blogspot. Ah, technological problems. I'll get that fixed somehow..
Instead, I'll do something different right now. Seeing as it's my sister's birthday, as well, this blog shall be about time we spent visiting with her in Europe..
On my way to the Czech Republic embassy today, I remembered one of my very favorite moments when visiting her in Prague..
After a few days exploring Vienna, Austria, my family and I hopped on a bus to Prague. It was one of the most beautiful car rides I've ever had... Giant windmills towered over the lush, green country... Little quiet towns nestled themselves into the Austrian hillside.. Flecks of clouds shattered the blue sky as farm after farm rushed past my window.. I felt as if my eyes were pregnant with sparkling images and wonder.. My heart stopped every time we passed a cluster of windmills, swooping up and down, sprouting out from the ground.. They were some of the most magnificent things I've ever seen.
I remember the moment we entered Prague, I could see some of the ancient buildings scattered across the horizon.. The old and magical splendor of the city rained inside my window and brushed upon my finger tips hanging on the glass pane.. Being there in that moment, in a foreign country with the people I loved, feeling as if the whole world was new and open sat with me in my mind like a glowing sun.. Everything was reachable, yet, fantastic..
As we trekked into the city on the bus and I stared, amazed, outside at the beautiful city approaching, this song played.. And everything felt perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment